INTRODUCTIONS & SUPPORT FOR NEW MEMBERS - 2:00 pm to 2:45 pm
Welcome message to new members. The first hour or so of our meetings is for members to introduce themselves, and for new members to share their concerns and ask questions. After a short break, we continue with updates, new discussion items, and informal discussion (information sharing, support, questions, ideas for upcoming meetings etc).
UPDATES and NEW ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION - 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm
New Items for Discussion
3. Volunteers needed for our awareness event on May 10.
4. "Let's Talk About Lyme" posters are ready - pick up some posters and flyers to post and hand out.
5. Elizabeth May's Bill C-442 is coming up for third reading.
Lyme Support Library
Our group purchases and loans out books and DVDs on Lyme and co-infections. Cost to join our library is $10. Items can be borrowed for one month. Please be courteous and return borrowed books on time. Book donations are always appreciated. Please let us know if there are any books/DVDs that you would like us to order. Currently, we have the following:
1. Cure Unknown: Inside the Lyme Epidemic (Revised Edition, 2013), by Pamela Weintraub
2. Healing Lyme Disease Coinfections – Bartonella & Mycoplasma, by Stephen Buhner
3. Checklists for Bartonella, Babesia & Lyme Disease, by Dr. James Schaller
4. Beyond Lyme Disease, by Connie Strasheim
5. Ending Denial: The Lyme Epidemic, by Helke Ferrie
6. Healing Lyme, by Stephen Buhner
7. It’s All in Your Head – Around the World in 80 Lyme Patient Stories, by PJ Langhoff
8. Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions (multiple authors)
9. The Top 10 Lyme Disease Treatments, by Bryan Rosner
10.Treatment of Chronic Lyme Disease, by Burton A. Waisbren
11.Under Our Skin (DVD)
12.Treating Lyme Disease Using Integrative Medicine (5 DVDs)
13. ILADS Review of Anti-Infective Therapy (pamphlet)
14. NEW!! Why Can’t I Get Better? Solving the Mystery of Lyme and Chronic Disease by Dr. Horowitz
15. NEW!! Ticked Off: The Mystery of Lyme Disease (DVD)
We have a few extra t-shirts from last year for sale.
Our Facebook group for people with Lyme disease on Vancouver Island is a great way to keep up to date on news and connect with others. Log into Facebook, search for the Victoria Lyme Group, and ask to join. The group is private – others can see who the members are, but only members can post and read posts, invite and approve new members.
NEXT MEETING: Sunday, May 25th, 2014
Keep up with the latest Lyme news: