Meetings are held on the fourth Sunday of each month (except in December) near Hillside Mall. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the location and directions. Coffee and tea are provided free of charge. Snacks to share are always appreciated. We ask that you not wear any fragrances for those who are sensitive.Please try your best to be on time so we can start right away.
Let us know if there is anything you would like us to add to the agenda (news, discussion topic, etc) by emailing us at email@example.com
INTRODUCTIONS & SUPPORT FOR MEMBERS: 1 p.m. - 2 p.m.
Welcome message to new members. This part of our meetings is for members to introduce themselves, to share and ask questions.
NEW ITEMS and UPDATES: 2:15 - 2:45 p.m.
1. Finance Committee Report Recommendations
2. Canadian Lyme Disease Study: A research team at Mount Allison University is conducting a study on the effectiveness of various treatments for Lyme disease. If interested in being interviewed, please email Corinne Boudreau firstname.lastname@example.org. Awareness Activities:
- Victoria Health Show Jan 24 & 25 at Pearke's Arena. We are booked for Table #1 at the Victoria Health Show - free of charge - and will need volunteers. Need to fund raise to cover costs of brochures.
- Share a personal story about spreading Lyme awareness this past month.
4. December Social
5. Year End Report and Suggestions for Next Year
1. "Let's Talk About Lyme" T-shirts. We have men's and women's t-shirts for sale. $10 each.
2. Group Library. Our group purchases and loans out books and DVDs on Lyme and co-infections. Cost to join our library is $10. Items can be borrowed for one month. Please be courteous and return borrowed books on time. Book donations are always appreciated. Please let us know if there are any books/DVDs that you would like us to order.
3. Facebook Group. Our Facebook group for people with Lyme disease on Vancouver Island is a great way to keep up to date on news and connect with others. Log into Facebook, search for the Vancouver Island Lyme Group, and ask to join. The group is private – others can see who the members are, but only members can post and read posts, invite, and approve new members.
4. Tick Test Kits from Janet Sperling. Due to the new costs involved in tick identification ($30) and testing for ticks ($35) fromveterinarians, Janet Sperling has sent us some more tick collection vials, complete with prepaid envelopes to mail live ticks. She is doing research on ticks in Canada and would be happy to receive live ticks that you find on your dog, in the environment, or crawling on you (ticks cannot be feeding on you - those must go to the BC CDC). Please pick up a few kits for your veterinarian.
5. CanLyme is offering a limited number of grants to physicians to attend ILADS training on February 6-7, 2015 in Banff. ContactJimWilson@telus.net
6. Group Financial Report
Video on the Hansa Center followed by Chris and Nicole who will share their recent experience there and answer your questions.
NEXT MEETING: Sunday, December 7 from 1 to 4 p.m.
This will be our "December Social", and will begin with a presentation on easy yoga moves, followed by a potluck (finger foods), a fun gift exchange (inexpensive, something from home you don't have go out to purchase), and some lovely acoustical music (thanks, Caroline and friends).
Note: We won't have our regular meeting on the fourth Sunday of the month due to the holidays. Next regular meeting will be on January 25th.
Keep up with the latest Lyme news: