1. Name introductions. Dave and Liisa’s roles defined in the Group. Dave – Leader of Fighting Force, what’s happening on the political front.
Liisa – Health Support, organizational duties & meeting chairperson.
2. Define Group’s Focus. Treatment options, supplements, what is happening in our community for awareness and politically.
3. Update on Donations/Monies and Tax Receipts and CanLyme role.
Printout from Dave and his communication with Janet Sperling from CanLyme.
4. Update on BC Clinic from Dave – March 5 Director choosing meeting?
5. Update on Awareness for Group Meetings? Ideas for campaigning/advertising our group. Newspaper ads, Usedvictoria, Craigslist, ND’s
6. Webpage for our Support Group, or for BC Support Groups? Possibly Dr. Murakami can help us with this, and a page on his website.
Email from Chris Powell, perhaps Nicole will start a webpage for us?
Chris suggests VILE – Vancouver Island Lyme Education?
7. Confidential Lyme Registry – danceintherain.ca. Being done by the Richmond Hill, ON Lyme Disease Support Group.
Could people at the group please look into sending Josephine an email?
8. Community Acupuncture (Fisgard) sliding scale $20-50. Stillpoint Community Accupuncture in Langford. Coupon for Awakening Wellness Centre.
9. Handout: Interesting points from Dr. Burrascano’s slide show from ILADS conference. (IGeneX labs, CD57, Required Supportive Measures)
10. Interesting points from Dr. K’s teleseminar from Oct 2011. Handouts available.
11. Dr. Kirsty Duncan helped get MS proper recognition in Canada and is now working on Lyme Disease. Read her request to the federal govt. here:
12. Informal Discussion
Next meeting: March 18, 2012 6:00-8:00pm Four Mile Pub Tea Room