Please see below for the agenda that will be discussed at the meeting.
A reminder of the upcoming meeting of the Victoria Lyme Awareness and Support Group Sunday, August 26, 6 to 8 pm.
We are switching things up for the August meeting and having the support group at the following vegetarian restaurant in Market Square bottom level:
Green Cuisine is mainly self serve with the plate/bowl weighted at check out. The ingredients are listed for each food. FREE PARKING. (Remember we are welcome regardless of whether we order food) You can find the menu at http://www.greencuisine.com/todays_menu
Victoria Lyme Support Group Agenda for August 26, 2012
1. Name introductions. Welcome message. (10 min) Unpaid Bill from June 24 - pear salad - has this been resolved? (Dave).
Updates (20 min)
2. Help Fill A Dream (HFAD) is an immediately responsive charitable foundation based in Victoria, British Columbia. (Dave)
3. BC Lyme Clinic. Nothing new to report (Dave)
4. Elizabeth May National Lyme Strategy bill.
track the bill's progress on this link:
How can each one of us help Elizabeth pass this bill?
- Find out who your federal MP is. Click here.
- Contact your federal MP and if at all humanly possible set up a face-to-face meeting.
- Tell them your story as briefly as possible.
- Tell them you know others across Canada in the same predicament.
- Tell them you are being denied your right to health care.
- Ask if you can count on their support to get this bill passed.
- Make sure your MP knows this is not just a 'Green' party bill, it is a bill that could affect every single Canadian including themselves, or their loved ones
- Remind your MP to vote with their conscience as this is a private member's bill; no party vote needed.
- Respond back to Chris Powell (Nicole Bottles' mom) with name of your MP after you have contacted them and if you feel you have their support or not. Either leave a comment here or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Webpage for our Support Group. http://victorialymegroup.blogspot.ca/ (Lisa R. adds agendas to this blog page)
Name suggestions for Vancouver Island Lyme Webpage: vilymeinfo.ca OR vilyme.ca OR vancouverislandlymeeducation.com
At the last meeting the consensus was for the first URL to be used: vilymeinfo.ca, if no one voices any complaints or other better suggestions that the group likes, this will be the one we go with.
Discussion (60 min)
Discussion (60 min)
6. Lyme Support Library. $10 to join the library, one book out at a time, to be returned at next meeting.
Any donations of books, or suggestions of books to purchase?
Currently in circulation:
Lyme Disease and Rife Machines
The Top 10 Lyme Disease Treatments
What does the Bible really teach?
Adult Children of Alcoholics
The Healthy Home
Good News from God
Homecoming: Reclaiming and Championing your Inner Child
It's All in Your Head - Around the World in 80 Lyme Patient Stories
Insights into Lyme Disease Treatment
7. Importance of Sleep to healing:
The following excerpt has some helpful suggestions on getting enough sleep:
Some more suggestions can be found here:
Maclean's magazine had an interesting article on sleep:
8. Canlyme has a new webpage design, and it is much easier to navigate now!
I like the section 'living with lyme'.
A very interesting website with tons of information:
I look forward to trying some of the recipes from their very comprehensive recipe book:
10. Another great cookbook that is being talked about in Lyme communities:
11. An article by Dr. Mercola on Lyme Disease with many of Dr. Klinghardt's views:
If anyone would like an email of this article in a Word Document, just let me know.
12. From Facebook tip of the day:
Health tip of the day: The tongue can reveal much of what is going wrong in the body. For instance, go to the mirror and lift up your tongue so that you can see underneath. If you see blue/black veins on the bottom side of the tongue it means that you likely are suffering from hyper-coagulation (Thick blood) and blood stagnation. In a healthy individual no veins should be visible under the tongue.
According to David Berg, founder HEMEX Labs, 90% of Lyme, Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Patients have hyper-coaguable (thick blood). About 20% of people with these illnesses may have a genetic defect leading to hypercoagulation and biofilm development.
The most researched and reliable way to address hyper-coagulation is by using the nutraceutical called Lumbrokinase. This is a safe systemic enzyme that can be taken as directed on the bottle or as your doctor recommends for years if necessary. You can order Lumbrokinase by calling the Hansa Center or your doctor. Of course, do not take this if you are already taking prescription blood thinners or have a bleeding disorder.
13. Informal Discussion (information sharing, support, orientation for newcomers, questions, ideas for upcoming meetings)
14. Next meeting: September 23, 2012 6:00-8:00pm Four Mile Pub