A reminder of the upcoming meeting of the pm. See below for the agenda. Note that some items may be carried forward to the next meeting to ensure that we have time to express and address concerns and questions at the end of the meeting.
Book order has arrived!
Our order has arrived from biomed publishing: "Treatment of Chronic Lyme Disease: Fifty-One Case Reports and Essays in Their Regard." by Dr. Burton Waisbren. If you ordered and paid for a copy, you can pick it up at the Sept 23 meeting.
Four Mile Bar & Grill - Tea Room, 199 Island Highway, Victoria, BC V9B 1G1 250-479-2514
Ask for the TEA room, which is reserved under "Victoria Lyme". If you are having dinner, be prepared to order right away. Remember we are welcome regardless of whether we order food. Check out the menu. Note there are gluten free options.
Victoria Lyme Support Group Agenda for Sept 23, 2012
INTRODUCTIONS. Welcome message. (20 min)
UPDATES (10 min)
1. Complex Chronic Disease Center – CCDC (Dave)
Referred to as the Lyme Clinic on previous agendas.
Medical Director: Alison Bested MD
BC Women's Hospital Health Clinic, 4500 Oak St, V6H 3N1 (Vancouver Visitor Center)
From Ferry to Clinic via bus/sky train arrival am. Monday - Friday.
620 bus to Bridgeport, Canada line to King Edward, 25 bus to Oak, walk for 4 blocks
approx time 1hr &15 minutes. Dave will attempt this route before Clinic opens.
2. Elizabeth May National Lyme Strategy bill. (Dave)
Voting will take place MAYBE early 2013. Track the bill's progress here.
The group has voted and the new URL chosen is….taadaaa…
lymevi.ca which will include our blog for the group and other relevant lyme info we choose to put on it. (Lisa R)
4. Lyme Support Library. This Library can give you the chance to read a book and decide if you would like to purchase for your own personal use, or save your money…
$10 to join the library, one book out at a time, to be returned at next meeting.
Currently in circulation:
- · Treatment of Chronic Lyme Disease (2 copies) NEW
- · Lyme Disease and Rife Machines
- · The Top 10 Lyme Disease Treatments
- · What does the Bible really teach?
- · Adult Children of Alcoholics
- · The Healthy Home
- · Good News from God
- · Homecoming: Reclaiming and Championing your Inner Child
- · It's All in Your Head - Around the World in 80 Lyme Patient Stories
- · Insights into Lyme Disease Treatment
5. Canlyme has a new webpage design. How are people finding it?
6. Importance of Sleep discussed at last meeting:
These are some of the treatments others have found helpful:
- Hops (oil) - ripened and not roasted from ‘Simple Remedies’ on Cook Street.
- Aromatherapy, such as lavender
- Red wine in moderation
- Tila from a Mexican store
- Don’t eat past 7pm
- Hot shower/bath
- Turn power/breaker off at least in bedroom to reduce EMF (Electro magnetic frequency) pollution in sleeping quarters
- Low dose naltrexone
- Far infrared sauna
- Magnesium oil applied transdermally for 20 mins then wiped off/showered off before bed
7. This article is about cyst busting antibiotics and tindamax. Very good article.
This medical study shows that Sida Acuta is good at destroying malaria (Babesia is a malaria type illness)
9. Do we have any associated with this group that have Morgellons/Lyme?
Connection between Morgellons and GMOs. Listen to the interview here.
10. This article suggests that garlic can cut through biofilms. (printed version available for reading)
11. This medical article/abstract shows how SPECT brain scans can be helpful in diagnosing clinically Chronic Lyme Disease.
12. This message arrived from a non-Facebook group and I thought I'd share...it's thought provoking and being that a lot of patients dealing with chronic illness are EMF sensitive - it's pertinent to a lot of us here...
Not all electromagnetic fields are damaging-the existence of, and need for, various types of healing electro medical types is testimony to that. However, many of the modern "conveniences" we are getting used to, and think we cannot live without, ARE dangerous. They are dangerous not only to our health, but to the health of future generations, as well as to animals and plants. For those of us who already understand the data proving the dangers of Wi-Fi and other damaging EMFs, this report takes it to a whole new level. Jennifer Lake provides additional, mind-boggling details involving history, legal sanctions, and politics. Her annotated report is long, but worth reading.
After you read it, do something pleasurable as an antidote: go outside, pet the dog or cat, make crafts, swim. And turn off your cell phone. If you live in a city or town that's already awash in EMFs, walk on the grass barefoot. The healing electrons from the Earth will help ground you.
Nenah Sylver, PhD, author, the NEW Rife Handbook (2011)
13. Article from National Geographic, with a comment at bottom of it from Jim Wilson.
14. One more article about a scientific research study.
This one shows how previous studies done were flawed, and that actually retreatment with antibiotics is necessary when relapse occurs.
15. From Facebook tip of the day: Dr David Jernigan Aug. 15, 2012
Prolonged antibiotics can damaged the absorptive membranes in the digestive system that allow water to be distributed throughout the body. The water in your body is much like the water in the radiator of your car that keeps the engine from overheating, only it keeps your organs from overheating. One sign of water distribution problems is seen on the tongue. Look in the mirror at your tongue. Stick out your tongue and allow it to lay relaxed. If you see scalloping (tooth marks) or a thin ridge along the edge of the tongue it means your tissues are dehydrated. You might drink plenty of water but it is not getting evenly distributed throughout your body, and often you are just urinating it out. This fluid regulation problem is also associated with the symptoms of busy brain, attention deficit, and chronic fatigue. Often people with this find it difficult to turn off their brain at bed time and therefore suffer from insomnia. Correcting this problem requires getting tested by your doctor for the appropriate botanical formula to help restore proper fluid transportation. One of the best formulas for this is a Chinese formulation called Gui Pi Wan.
INFORMAL DISCUSSION (information sharing, support, orientation for newcomers, questions, ideas for upcoming meetings)
Next meeting: October 28, 2012 6:00-8:00pm Four Mile Restaurant