Meetings are held on the fourth Sunday of each month at the Yakimovich Wellness Centre, in the Hillside Seniors’ Health Centre, 1454 Hillside Avenue, Victoria. There is pay parking around the back of the building. Coffee and tea are provided free of charge. Snacks to share are always appreciated. We ask that you not wear any fragrances for those who are sensitive.Please try your best to be on time for the presentation at 1 p.m. so we can start right away.
Let us know if there is anything you would like us to add to the agenda (news, discussion topic, etc) by emailing us at email@example.com
PRESENTATION: 1 - 2 p.m.
Dr Barbara Dyble and Stephen Davis, CEO of Valentus Clinics, will be giving a presentation.
INTRODUCTIONS & SUPPORT FOR MEMBERS: 2:15 - 3:15 pm
Welcome message to new members. This part of our meetings is for members to introduce themselves, to share their concerns and ask questions.
NEW ITEMS and UPDATES: 3:30 - 4 pm
1. Finance Committee Hearings - update
2. Bill C-442 - Senate Committee Hearing on October 22nd3. Awareness activities:
- Info table at Cabelas in Nanaimo on November 8
- Thrifty Foods CanLyme brochure display
- Victoria Health Show Jan 24 & 25 at Pearke's Arena. We are booked for Table #1 at the Victoria Health Show - free of charge - and will need volunteers.
4. New Victoria Lyme Group business cards - 1000 new cards
1. "Let's Talk About Lyme" T-shirts. We have a new supply of t-shirts for sale. $10 each.
2. Group Library. Our group purchases and loans out books and DVDs on Lyme and co-infections. Cost to join our library is $10. Items can be borrowed for one month. Please be courteous and return borrowed books on time. Book donations are always appreciated. Please let us know if there are any books/DVDs that you would like us to order.
3. Facebook Group. Our Facebook group for people with Lyme disease on Vancouver Island is a great way to keep up to date on news and connect with others. Log into Facebook, search for the Vancouver Island Lyme Group, and ask to join. The group is private – others can see who the members are, but only members can post and read posts, invite, and approve new members.
4. Tick Test Kits from Janet Sperling. Due to the new costs involved in tick identification ($30) and testing for ticks ($35) fromv eterinarians, Janet Sperling has sent us some more tick collection vials, complete with prepaid envelopes to mail live ticks. She is doing research on ticks in Canada and would be happy to receive live ticks that you find on your dog, in the environment, or crawling on you (ticks cannot be feeding on you - those must go to the BC CDC). Please pick up a few kits for your veterinarian.
5. CanLyme offering limited number of grants to physicians to attend ILADS training on February 6-7, 2015 in Banff. ContactJimWilson@telus.net
6. Group Financial Report
NEXT REGULAR MEETING: Sunday, November 23 from 1-4 p.m.
Keep up with the latest Lyme news: