Email email@example.com for meeting location, information and directions
INTRODUCTIONS & SUPPORT FOR NEW MEMBERS
Welcome message to new members. The first hour or so of our meetings is for members to introduce themselves, and for new members to share their concerns and ask questions. After a short break, we continue with updates, new discussion items, and informal discussion (information sharing, support, questions, ideas for upcoming meetings etc).
Lyme Support Library
Our group purchases and loans out books and DVDs on Lyme and co-infections. Cost to join our library is $10. Items can be borrowed for one month. Please be courteous and return borrowed books on time. Donations are always appreciated. Please let us know if there are any books/DVDs that you would like us to order. Currently, we have the following:
1. Cure Unknown: Inside the Lyme Epidemic (Revised Edition, 2013), by Pamela Weintraub
2. Healing Lyme Disease Coinfections – Bartonella & Mycoplasma, by Stephen Buhner
3. Checklists for Bartonella, Babesia & Lyme Disease, by Dr. James Schaller
4. Beyond Lyme Disease, by Connie Strasheim
5. Ending Denial: The Lyme Epidemic, by Helke Ferrie
6. Healing Lyme, by Stephen Buhner
7. It’s All in Your Head – Around the World in 80 Lyme Patient Stories, by PJ Langhoff
8. Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions (multiple authors)
9. The Top 10 Lyme Disease Treatments, by Bryan Rosner
10.Treatment of Chronic Lyme Disease, by Burton A. Waisbren
11.Under Our Skin (DVD)
12.Treating Lyme Disease Using Integrative Medicine (5 DVDs)
13. ILADS Review of Anti-Infective Therapy (pamphlet)
We have ordered a copy of Dr. Richard Horowitz’s new book, Why Can’t I Get Better? Solving the Mystery of Lyme and Chronic Disease, which will be available in November. The Victoria Public Library also has a copy on order.
The Nature of Things, Ticked Off: The Mystery of Lyme Disease DVD is on order from Merit Motion Pictures, and should arrive in November.
T-shirts and Buttons
We have a few extra t-shirts for sale and more of Parker (Sparky) Goertzen’s buttons for sale.
Our facebook group for people with Lyme disease on Vancouver Island is a great way to keep up to date on news and connect with others. Ask to join the Victoria Lyme Group. The group is private – others can see who the members are, but only members can post and read posts, invite and approve new members.
New Lyme Disease Association of British Columbia (LDABC)
Bill C-442, National Lyme Disease Strategy – reminder to contact your MP
INFORMATION – Recent studies, news, articles, upcoming events and useful websites
1. Notes from the Integrative Lyme Solutions Conference:http://www.betterhealthguy.com/integrative-lyme-solutions
2. Article from the Sooke Mirror about Nicole Bottles:http://www.sookenewsmirror.com/news/227856111.html
3. Merit Motion Pictures is now accepting pre-sale orders for DVDs of The Nature of Things program, Ticked Off: The Mystery of Lyme Disease. The DVDs will be shipped by mid-November. A copy is on order for our library. To order your own copy, please visit: http://meritmotionpictures.com/portfolio-items/ticked-off-the-mystery-of-lyme-disease/
4. Obituary for Redwan (Ridvan) Moqbel, Board member for CanLyme who passed away on October 9th: http://passages.winnipegfreepress.com/passage-details/id-206834/name-Redwan_Moqbel
5. Well-written article from Envita: http://www.envita.com/lyme-disease/lyme-disease-and-complications-the-hidden-public-health-problem-you-need-to-know
6. Pfizer ordered to pay $142M for fraud relating to drug Gabapentin http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/technology/story/1.934040
7. Keep up with the latest Lyme news:
NEXT MEETING: Sunday, November 24th, 2013